The Maison Christian Dior Apartment in Place Vendôme
The Maison Christian Dior private apartment in Place Vendôme is our ultimate Parisian interior design inspiration, featuring iconic works of art curated with the characteristic elegance that defines the House of Dior!
photo credit: @parisinfourmonths
The light that enters from the grand windows compliments in the best way the interior, that features the high end furniture in the characteristic Dior Gray, that even though cool, still feels warm and inviting.
photo credit: mojeh.com
In the back wall of the dining room we recognize the iconic Dovina with Elephants frame, part of the emblematic photoshoot by Richard Avedon for Harpers' Bazaar, dating back to 1955 to the Yves Saint Laurent era. You can read more about the historic photoshoot here.
The living room is furnished with designer creations, among which, the Warren Platner seats, the coffee table by Vicenzo de Cotiis, and the chandelier by Studio Drift.
In the interior we also spot a famous moment from the Dior History. This iconic photo features the iconic 'Aventure' two-piece design from the 1948 Haute Couture collection, designed by the man who knew so well how to define the height of femininity, Christian Dior himself. In the photo, Sacha Pivovarova is captured wearing the iconic outfit by Patrick Demarchelier.
The dining room gains personality with Mirror DC 1801 from Vincenzo de Cotiis and the classics dining chairs from Pierre Jeanneret.
The art de la table manifests a celebration of the French art de vivre. The table is set with gorgeous Dior Maison tableware. The luxurious Baccarat crystal glasses and candle holders, complete the image, whereas the pink flower centerpieces compliment the setting in the most wonderful way.
photo credit: @baccarat instagram account
Here are 5 interesting facts about the Maison Christian Dior Apartment.
1. The Maison Christian Dior Apartment is a private space, reserved for special guests, and it is unfortunately not open to the public.
2. The Apartment has been created in honor of the Dior perfume line.
3. The Apartment is situated above the Dior Jewelry store in Place Vendôme, with balconies overlooking the most iconic square of Paris, next to the very famous Ritz Hotel.
4. The history of the Fashion House is present everywhere in the Apartment. In the walls are integrated some of the most iconic moments of Dior History, like a frame of the emblematic Dovina with Elephants photoshoot of Richard Avedon dating back to the Yves Saint Laurent era and the memorable capture of the Sasha Pivovarova in a piece designed by Christian Dior in 1948, captured by Patrick Demarchelier.
5. The Apartment features works of art of eminent contemporary artists, like an installation of the French artist Mathias Kiss.
We leave you with a wonderful video of the space.
Video credit: Christian Dior official Youtube Channel
Cherry Blossom In Paris